NUST Connect Social Network
NUST Connect is a social networking mobile application for the community of NUST university.
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) is one of the leading universities in Pakistan. It has a large community of students, faculty, and staff. NUST Connect is a platform where this community can come together and interact with each other. It provides a forum for discussions, sharing ideas, and networking. NUST Connect also helps keep everyone connected with the latest news and events at NUST.
The NUST community is a large and diverse one, comprising of people from different schools and departments. The purpose of this app is to connect these people by bridging the distance-gap between them, and to provide them with a platform for sharing opportunities with each other. This app also allows students to get help from their peers and teachers, which can be extremely helpful in their academic journey.
How it Works
- Users request an account by registering in the application.
- Once approved, they can sign in to their accounts.
- Everyone is connected with everyone else by default (i.e. you see posts from whole community in your timeline), unless they unfollow someone.
Some of the key features of this app include:
- Updates from everyone (except people you unfollowed) appear in your timeline.
- Updates are grouped under/filtered by three categories:
- Public – Updates from everyone</li>
- School – Updates from people of your own school, e.g. SEECS
- Department – Updates from people of your own degree, e.g. BESE
- You can only see posts which have you in their target audience.
- Who should see a status update you post?
- You limit the target audience by using the visibility controls.
- For each post, you select the target school, degree and batch.
- Subscribe for notifications for status updates by specific users.
- Ask for help by posting a help request on a user’s profile page, which starts a new discussion thread. You control who can see this discussion thread.
- Visit user profiles by:
- … browsing an accounts directory, or
- … searching for a user by name or CMS ID.