NUST Connect is a social networking mobile application for the community of NUST university.
NUST Connect is a platform where the whole community of National University of Sciences and Technology can come together and interact with each other.
- To connect the NUST community by bridging the distance-gap between people, especially people from different schools/departments.
- To provide them a platform for sharing opportunities with each other.
- To allow students to get help from their peers and teachers.
How it Works
- Users request an account by registering in the application.
- Once approved, they can sign in to their accounts.
- Everyone is connected with everyone else by default (i.e. you see posts from whole community in your timeline), unless they unfollow someone.
Key Feature: Timeline
- Updates from everyone (except people you unfollowed) appear in your timeline.
- Updates are grouped under/filtered by three categories:
- Public – Updates from everyone</li>
- School – Updates from people of your own school, e.g. SEECS
- Department – Updates from people of your own degree, e.g. BESE
- You can only see posts which have you in their target audience.
Key Feature: Target Audience
- Who should see a status update you post?
- You limit the target audience by using the visibility controls.
- For each post, you select the target school, degree and batch.
- Subscribe for notifications for status updates by specific users.
- Ask for help by posting a help request on a user’s profile page, which starts a new discussion thread. You control who can see this discussion thread.
- Visit user profiles by:
- … browsing an accounts directory, or
- … searching for a user by name or CMS ID.